Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy 2010!

I can't believe that the first decade of "the new millennium" has passed and 2010 is here already!

I'm not one for New Year's resolutions - I believe in changing when you are ready, and not waiting for New Year's day, or Monday, or next week to begin anew. That said, I've been feeling for some time that I had to revitalize my much-neglected blog, and so I'll begin today, since that is when I'm ready to!

Here's a belated peek at my holiday cards and this year's wrapping. Several years ago I switched to all white wrapping paper, partly as a way of simplifying my life (I always have appropriate paper on hand for any occasion) and partly because it's a great creative backdrop for me - with beautiful ribbon, my prints, and other embellishments I can always find a fun way to wrap a package.
I'm not really one for choosing the most traditional colors, so instead of having a red and green Christmas, mine was orange and blue! My cards were hand printed orange mittens, and I printed strips of white paper with the mitten pattern in orange and blue, to wrap around my white packages. Then I added tags with the same pattern, and various blue and orange ribbons (I especially like the blue/orange multi stripe ribbon) to complete the packages. I loved that they were fun, warm and unexpected (hmmm, and I'd like to think that description sounds quite a bit like me, too)!

2 comments:

Caitlin T. said...

I love the mitten print! Very cute!


Oh, FYI, my blog URL changed from clutter-cubed.com to just cluttercubed.com (I dropped the hyphen, and these are purposely not links so I'm not just being spammy ;) ), so if you could update me on your blogroll that would be fantastic! Thank you! ^_^

Molly said...

Thanks Caitlin! (And thanks for letting me know about your blog URL - fixed the link...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin