Monday, June 21, 2010

Welcome Summer!

Ah, the first day of summer! The arrival brings back so many fabulous memories - simpler times when every day was filled with bike rides and lemonade and beaches.

I spent summers at the beach when I was a child - those days were the best of simple living. I get nostalgic for those joyous summers every year when the weather warms. I cherish my memories of those days, when my bicycle was my main form of transportation - my bicycle with only one speed, a bell and a basket to fill with little treasures, like flowers or shells, collected in my travels. I rode my bike to the beach almost every day, on adventures with my cousins, to movie night with all the kids. And I rode, well, just for the fun of it, with no destination in mind.

Since I don't have a bike any more, I think I'll take a walk today, and celebrate this first day of summer. A walk, just for the fun of it, with no destination in mind. And I may bring a basket along to fill with treasures I find along the way.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin