Monday, June 14, 2010

Family time.

I'm so excited that in a couple weeks we'll be getting the family together for a reunion (on my maternal grandfather's side of the family). For quite some time we had reunions every few years, but it's been ages since we were all together and I'm really looking forward to it.

When I was growing up, my grandfather's family was centered around the family farm, which was about a mile from my home. I have early memories of playing at the farm, cows, and driving into the corn fields to pick sacks of fresh corn for our dinner. The farm is no longer there, but the family and memories are strong.

Like all families, ours has gone through a lot of changes in the last several years, new additions will help to make the day joyous, and remembering those we've lost will make it bittersweet. I do know we will have loads of fun, water balloons, delicious food and much valued time together.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin