Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Love List

Over the past few days I've been putting together my love list, a little assignment from Operation Nice and wanted to share with you some of the things I love...


I love a table set with vintage china and silver, sweet little desserts on pedestal dishes, fresh whipped cream, and homemade ice cream. I love a crisp fall day, the first frost, and pumpkin pie for breakfast. I love finding the perfect treasure on a day antiquing with friends, and a quiet cup of coffee at the end of that day to celebrate our fabulous finds or just the time together. I love early mornings and late afternoons at the beach, when all is quiet. I love outdoor showers. I love pedicures. I love holidays, especially Thanksgiving, a day all about family and simple, delicious food. I love our relatively new tradition of Second Thanksgiving on the Friday after - the first is so great, why not do it twice? I love making mom's beef and barley soup. I love sweater weather. I love sitting on my sofa with a cup of tea and a box of old family photos, remembering. I love beautiful paper, color and pattern. I love making the first cut into a block of lino, and the first print from a finished block. I love seeing something I've imagined become real.

I love how it feels to do something nice for someone else.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your Love List, Molly! Makes me feel warm and fuzzy! :-)

Melissa said...

Oh your list is beautiful! The imagery is wonderful! I can picture the pedestal dishes in my head. And your last one is just perfect! :-)

Inklore said...

I love so many of these things too. Such a nice read.

heather smith jones said...

yes to 'seeing something imagined become real'. it's so good.

i've enjoyed your list. :)

Erin Nowak, Designer and Illustrator said...

Love your list Molly!!! And I share many of the same loves (Yay for sweater weather!). That second to last one, "I love seeing something I've imagined become real" made me cry. I agree, it is so satisfying to see a artistic idea come to fruition. But the tears really got rolling when I thought about all the pregnant moments I spent wondering what my babies would look, smell, and be like. What a thrill when they were born and all my imaginings (and so much more!) were made real. Thanks for this inspirational list!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin